Sunday 9 December 2012

I ' m Editor Today !

 I wake-up early in the morning. Why so early?  Just as I ask myself, the clue flash in my mind, “I am  Mr. Editor on very first day of digital TOT’s news room week.”  First days and first turn are never easy for me. I always get so nervous.  They always remind me of my first day at school. My first day this time, however, was nothing like other first days I have had. This time, I wasn’t nervous. I didn’t pass myself on chocolate and didn’t even cry.  I was really excited about my first day on the assignment with fewer butterflies in my stomach.

My job was simply learning the procedure and feeling the responsibility prior to the assignment as an editor for my journalism department’s website. I knew I don’t have to teach how to write stories or to give a dictionary of technical web terminology and other bookish editing procedures.

 I knew I don’t need to impress my team with the authority I have for the day. But was sure the task this time was much more difficult as the things I supposed not to do were the things I was doing for the last six years as a journalism instructor.

I knew my Editor in Chief Michal Alexander would ask me a rundown and complete structure with pictures and videos as he had  earlier made me clearly understood how to interact with the team and to pull things out of them individually viewing their attitude. I also knew he would be my Guard father today.

 Though, we find it hard to pitch worthy story ideas as everyone  was discussing issues letting aside the stories attached to them, however everyone person was so nice and welcoming that I even forgot about the two butterflies that were still flying in stomach.

Everyone seems motivated in talking to me and treating me as their editor. The earlier few minutes spent with my workmates made me realized it’s the nicest experience I have ever experienced, but I knew I need to force them time and again to transform their writings, voice videos and pictures more stronger as in the end  only  this can make me strong as  Mr. Editor.

3 comments: